Send Some Mother's Day Love.
Whether you've been "meeting up" for workouts or keeping each other sane sharing quarantine memes, we've all been getting by with a little help from our friends. While we can't love on our motherhood sisterhood in person quite yet, we CAN send them a little reminder of how lucky we feel to know them.
There's one more Spring retail item we've had up our sleeves and its all about spreading the Mama love! Send this mug to a friend and post the image below on her Facebook page so others in Our Village know you've got her covered.
Please fill out THIS form to gift a mama! Then, post the image below onto your friends Facebook page so others in Our Village know you've got her covered.
Many of our beloved local businesses have been forced to close their doors amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. We too, here at Fit4Mom Lou, have had to reinvent the way we do business during this time. While we love seeing you all virtually, we so miss seeing all of your beautiful faces in person at our regular class locations like DEFY! They too are closed until further notice in order to protect the health and well being of not only their guests but in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Like many stuck at home during this uncertain time, you may be wondering what you can do to help support business such as these.
What says "Spring" better than a bold arrangement of fresh flowers? Flowers have a natural way of bringing warmth and beauty into any space. Want to brighten up your rooms but not spend a fortune on the perfect arrangement? Time to channel those modern day Martha Stewart vibes! We're going to help you build an arrangement that will give your guests Spring Fever the moment they step in the door!
Begin by knowing what flowers are in season. Choosing in-season flowers will cost you less money and make your arrangement more seasonally appropriate. The most popular flowers for springtime include daffodils, peonies, tulips, sweet pea, narcissus, hyacinths, anemones, ranunculus, lilacs, delphiniums and boronia.
Finding your flowers.
If You're Short On Time - When you need to be in and out but still want quality, we can always count on Trader Joe's. Not only do they have a beautiful assortment that is always in season but they're budget friendly, too. And, we love that the kids leave happy with their infamous TJ stickers in hand - so it's a win win for all!
If You're Looking for an Experience - Have you visited Louisville's original flower truck, Fleur & Frond yet?! Their truck is the absolute cutest and you can tell that they put a lot of thought into hand selecting their flowers because they are the most unique around town.
If You Need Inspiration - Whatever you're imagining, Mahonia Studio either already has it or can get what you need. Visit their beautiful space and we promise you'll leave feeling inspired and ready to create what you've been dreaming of. From live plants to fresh cut flowers, they have it all. While you're there don't forget to stop by their Build Your Own Terrarium Bar for some added fun as well!
Choosing a vase.
The vase that you choose will depend on the style you are wanting to create. Almost any type of container can be used for a flower arrangement, as long as it's suitable for the height, weight and look of the flowers being used.
Glass - Elegant and timeless. Will work in any room.
Crystal - For that luxurious and elegant vibe. Can make any room look fancy.
Mason Jars - Cost-effective and pair well with rustic or farmhouse decor. Great for backyard dinner parties.
Cylinder Shape - Simple, yet beautiful. Single flowers look beautiful in this shape.
Ceramic - Vary in size, shape, texture, color, and style. Great for outdoor areas.
Square or Cube - Make great centerpieces. Pair next to books or large candles for calming and relaxed vibes.
Ready to create.
Step 1: Remove any leaves that will be below the water level. Leaves can be a source of bacteria and will rapidly decay in water. It's okay to leave some foliage, but remember that you'll also have greenery to fill in any extra space.
Step 2: Measure the flowers against your vase of choice and cut to size. Be sure to cut the stems at a diagonal. This will allow the flowers soak up more water and help them stay alive longer. Recut the stems every third day to keep them fresh.
Step 3: Arrange your flowers in the vase. Begin with the largest, most bold flower and work others in from there.
Tip - Keep floral tape on hand. Floral tape helps hold flower stems in place without damaging them and allows the stems to sit in a vase's water, which promotes the flowers' longevity.
Step 4: Step back to view your masterpiece. Love what you see but notice a few empty spaces? Grab some leafage to fill them in! Keep it playful and simple, yet oh so YOU.
Step 5: Hydrate. Fill your vase with warm water to about ¾ of its height. This will help the flower's absorb nutrients.
Tip - If you're feeling like a pro, add two tablespoons of cider vinegar to help kill bacteria and mold that may begin brewing below.
Step 6: Enjoy! Place your custom arrangement where it will thrive. With a little sunlight and love, you'll enjoy it for days to come!
1. Someday we want to be as cool as Chrissy Tiegan in these killer Quays.
2. Practice sun safety and being the cutest MILF at the pool in this adorable Wyeth Hat.
4. Say goodbye to your dull, winter skin with this all-in-one AHA treatment, powered by lactic acid, that clarifies, smooths, and retexturizes the appearance of skin.
5. Perfect at the beach or the pool, you and your bestie NEED these silicone wine glasses.
6. Want to touch up your tan in between Tina visits? These face drops mix with your moisturizer and will give you that perfect golden glow!
7. We’re in desperate need of an updated lip for Spring and this is the color we’ve been dreaming of.
8. Summer living is about to get way more organized with this oversized beach tote from our girls at CM Designs. Contact them for color & monogram options!
9. You’ll need this oversized beach towel to go with your oversized hoops & oversized beach tote.
10. You don’t know how great you can feel in jeans until you’ve slipped into a pair of Good Americans. Stop by Rodeo Drive for a full selection of Good American Jeans. While you're there, ask them about this pair of dark, distressed jeans. We love how they can be dressed up or down!
11. Make em all jealous with these comfortable & chic Tkees cheetah print flip flops.
Did you know that DEFY offers multiple membership options for Flight Club? DEFY knows every family is different! To that end, they've created different levels of memberships to fit YOUR needs. Check them out below!
Are you loving your Winter Pass from DEFY? Well we have news for you!
IT. JUST. GOT. BETTER!
Holiday To Do's in Lou: Whether you're looking to create new traditions or try something new, check out our list of the top seven Holiday To Do's, in Lou!
1. Lights Under Lou - Dress the kids in their jammies and warm up some hot cocoa for the ride! You NEED to head to the Mega Cavern to experience one of Louisville's most highly saught after Holiday traditions, Lights Under Louisville! Enjoy a 30 minute ride through part of the caverns 17 miles of underground passageways that feature over 850 lit characters with over 3,000,000 points of light. This will quickly become one of the most memorable car rides you'll have, year after year!
2. igLouisville at 8UP: Elevated Drinkery and Kitchen - Just when you think you've experienced all that Louisville has to offer, you find out there's more! If heated igloos, roof top views, cocktails and glam entice you, go check out one of downtown Lou's favorite hot spots, 8UP. They've created a magical experience called, igLouisville that is available to you on their rooftop bar! Whether you need a girls night or a date night, don't forget to call in advance to reserve your igLou. They've become the talk of the town and are booking up fast!
3. Carriage Rides at The Paddock - Looking for a fun alternative to long lines at crowded malls to see Santa this year? Head to the Shoppes at The Paddock where you and your family will be taken on a FREE horse and carriage ride with some one on one time with Santa. But wait, it gets even better! There is also FREE face painting, Holiday Carolers AND you're able to bring your very own camera, too! Check out The Paddock website for more detailed information.
4. Work the Metal - A planned event is NOT needed when going to this favorite local shop but while you're there you will undoubtedly find yourself feeling festive and in the giving spirit. Work the Metal is a Louisville gem that has a gift for everyone on your list. Not only is it one of the BEST spots for creative and personnal gifts but you'll ALWAYS find a little something for yourself, too! Get those lists together and GET THERE!
5. ELFPALOOZA at the Galt House - While helping a child in need by bringing a new toy as your admission, your littles will be talking about this event for days! Set aside a Friday or Saturday in December to experience a winter wonderland inside the Galt House. The elves will have preparred plenty of snacks such as popcorn, cookies, and hot chocolate and mom and dad may even be able enjoy “adult” beverages to sip on, too! Not only that, but the kids will be able to take a ride on the kiddie train called, Peppermint Express!
6. Lou Ballet’s Nutcracker - Enjoy a night of whimsical magic while viewing a holiday favorite, The Nutcracker. With limited engagement of only nine show times to choose from you'll want to be sure to grab your tickets to see the Sugar Plum Fairy and her friends before their gone!
7. Fête De Noël ("Festival of Christmas") - Looking to add some new flavor to your list of holiday traditions this year? Then make plans to attend Louisville's only outdoor ice skating rink that takes place in the heart of Louisville's newest up and coming hot spot, Paristown! Lace up to skate then enjoy shopping, eating, and drinking while you're there, too. As amazing as this sounds to do as a family, we're thinking about making it a festive date night instead!
As Moms, we know better than anyone how hectic the holiday season is once you have kids. But this year, we are vowing to slow down and bring back some of that holiday magic we felt when we were little. If you want to savor the specialness of the season, go ahead and join us! Tape this holiday bucket list to your fridge and try to complete all of the items before it's time to ring in 2020.
Holiday Guide 2019
1. Animal socks. How cute will your kiddos chubby little legs be in these?
2. L.O.L. Fashion Crunch Surprise. The LOL craze isn’t over yet. But we can’t wait until it is!
3. Build a Snowman Kit. Make snow days even more memorable with this adorable kit for your kiddo’s first snowman!
4. Stackable Crayons. Remember how fun these were when we were little?!
5. Bath Crayons. Bring the creativity to bathtime with these awesome washable bath crayons.
6. Kids Play Animals. Because we can’t resist wooden toys.
7. Weird But True. 300 Fun Christmas facts for the whole family to enjoy!
8. Kinetic Sand. Keep your kids busy for hours with this fun sand that is SO easy to clean up!
9. Mess Free Scented Stampers and Markers. You had us at “mess free.”
10. Decorate Your Own Car. We love Melissa & Doug and we know your little ones will love this fun painting craft!
Holiday Mini 2018
Part of our mission here at Fit4Mom Lou is to ensure that every woman will know what empowerment feels like. To know that they can conquor anything that the day is going to throw at them. Whether it be a huge presentation at work, asking for a raise or handling those terrible 2's, we want our Moms to be a little bit stronger and a little bit more confident.
And because of you, F4M Louisville is helping women to feel just that. The feeling of empowerment comes from each of you, the Village. Cheering each other on during classes, building one another up when someone is going through something tough and simply just making one another feel welcomed at Every. Single. Class. We see Our Village empowering one another each and every single day, in one way or another. That is part of what makes loving this Village so easy to do!
Each of you has the power inside to not only BE empowered, but to EMPOWER someone else. Don't ever doubt that. Here is what some of your fellow mamas have to say about being empowered...
"I recently used this word to describe to my girls how it feels post Body Back when you no longer crave those foods you used to love- like ice cream and candy, etc... It's empowering to turn down those foods and truly not want them!" - Carla Walker
"Empowered means to me using the tools you have to not only support your fellow mama but to uplift them, as well. Showing strength through kindness." - Carlee Kern
"Empowerment means you now have the courage to make the best decision for you and your family, you don’t have to let someone else’s idea of your life define you!" - Natalie Robertson
Holiday Mini 2018
Celebrating Victories: Our Top 3 Reasons Why Victories Must be Celebrated
Celebrating victories will not only make you feel good but it can provide so much more! Here are our top 3 reasons why celebrating victories, both big and small, are an important part of your journey.
1. It makes you feel #allthefeels. There's no denying it. When you hit a victory that you've been working towards, it just feels good! And who doesn't want to just FEEL GOOD about something? Knowing that you set your mind to something and followed through with it is only going to make you feel proud.
2. It gives you confidence to keep going. We've all been there. We've wanted something so badly but have doubted our ability to get there. But once you've silenced the "I cants" and the "I'll nevers," that is when you actually get it done. And when you do, you will discover the motivation needed to keep going. In our book, that's worth celebrating!
3. Because you deserve it. You wear a million and one different hats and do so much for everyone else around you. You are important and what you accomplish deserves to be celebrated. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently. You. Are. Amazing.
Don't forget to celebrate all things big and small, ladies. You are worth it!
Holiday Mini 2018
Setting an intention is a great way to ensure that your life is moving in the direction you want it to. Your intentions have the power to make any idea or dream a reality! Follow this step by step guide for setting intentions during the holidays.
1. Choose something you'd like to see change take place. It can be anything as simple as wanting to be more present with your family at the dinner table or meeting up with an old friend. Or, it could be something that feels unreachable and that may even scare you. Like getting that lifelong dream you've had about a new business idea up and running. Choose ONE thing you want to see change take place.
2. Write it down! We say it all the time in our F4M Louisville Body Back sessions. There's something powerful that happens when you put pen to paper. So go ahead, mama. Write it down!
A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere. -Joyce Meyer
3. List 3 actions to begin immediately. If your intention is to be more present at the dinner table, perhaps number one on the list can be to leave all electronics on their chargers during the dinner hour. If it's to meet with an old friend, the first action could be to call her up by lunch, today! Whatever the steps are, WRITE THEM DOWN too.
4. Set a date to make your intention a reality. An intention written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action (see # 3) makes an intention a reality!
5. Hang it up. Place that sucker somewhere so you are reminded of it daily! You are much more likely to achieve your goals if you are forced to look at them every day.
6. Take Action. Now that you know what your intention is and how to get there, the rest is up to you. Get going and make it happen!
Holiday Mini 2018
What does it mean to feel grounded? It means to be present in your life TODAY. Do not worry about the past or the future. It means having control - being ready to face daily challenges with your head held high. With children, this is sometimes easier said than done-especially during the holidays!
Here are 5 ways to help stay grounded. Try and find time this week to accomplish them all. Feel free to share in our closed Facebook group to help inspire others.
- Remember the reason for the season. It's all happening. The madness of the holiday season is in full swing. And along with the excitement and fun can also come a lot of stress (mostly brought on ourselves). When you feel yourself getting overwhelmed this week with that long list of to-dos and the growing gift lists, remember the reason for the season. Giving thanks, spirituality, spending time with friends and family- these are the important parts of the holidays. Actively choose to enjoy the magic happening all around you.
- Exercise. We've got this covered! Try to make it to all 4 classes this week to start the session off right!
- Meditation. It could be yoga. Or maybe it is through prayer. Or maybe its in the form of a solo quiet meditation. Take 5 minutes each day by yourself. ALL BY YOURSELF (and no, the restroom does not count)!
- Sit in hot water. Take a hot shower or bath. Throw in some Epsom salts. Grab a glass of wine. Rinse away whatever needs to be rinsed away.
- Just sit. Find a minute and go outside. Sit, watch, listen. Do not think about what is for dinner. Do not go through your list of things to do in your mind. Just sit. Listen to nature. Watch the trees. Appreciate the abundance of nature.
As Moms, we are all too familiar with the fearlessness and sense of invincibility that accompanies childhood. Our kids think they can do anything and continually experiment with limits. If only there was a place that let you push limits... safely!
The House of Boom space we know and love is staying the same, but an exciting change IS coming! Soon our favorite source of indoor fun will be called DEFY.
Moms of all types, during every stage of motherhood, are straight up BUSY. But one thing is for sure, we LOVE a professional family photo sesh and make time for it when we can! As moms ourselves, we know how daunting those first steps can feel when not only deciding on a photographer, but actually securing a date to take those perfect shots we’ve been imagining.
The days leading up to a photo session are stressful. What is everyone going to wear? Will my kids cooperate? Will the weather be ok? The list of worries is endless. However, hiring the right person to take those pictures can make all the difference. With so many talented photographers in our area, how do you choose who will be the right fit for you and your family?! We can’t make that decision for you but we CAN tell you about the awesome experience we had with Amy Barber of Bluegrass Bebe Photography.
Team FIT4MOM Lou didn’t snap classic family photos with Bluegrass Bebe (although we DO consider ourselves a big family) but we were blown away by what a great experience we had from beginning to end. From the moment we booked our photoshoot with Amy we got a sense of how much she wanted to capture images that WE were looking for. She created an image board for us to use before our shoot so that we would not only be able to begin exploring ideas for the type of vibe we had hoped to create, but so that she would be on the same page, too. And to us, that was everything.
The morning of our session included 26 of our team members. With every photo that was taken, the personality of each team member was captured beautifully. Forget about awkward poses or uncomfortable smiles, Amy has a way of making you feel at ease in front of the camera so that your true self shines through. From the perfect lighting she always seems to find, to her eye for the natural beauty that is captured within each image, Bluegrass Bebe nails it every time. Her work is stunning and we cannot recommend her enough for your next photo sesh!
Thanks again, Bluegrass Bebe! We will cherish these photos for an eternity.
To view more of Amy's work or to book your session, visit https://bluegrassbebe.com/.
There's no party like a House of Boom party. Save yourself the trouble of running all over town to gather perfectly themed party goods and let high-flying fun be the focus.
We are loving the membership options at DEFY Extreme Airports! Are you in the club?
It's summer time and we know lots of you Mamas are looking for ways to keep the kids entertained while school is out. There are so many great things to do in Louisville but its no secret that getting our bounce on is a Fit4Mom Lou fave. We spend enough time there to know that there is really no better place to spend a few hours than House of Boom Extreme Air Sports. Trust us! It's a fun space for kids and adults alike.
Added Bonus = It'll provide a bit of relief from the summer heat! As Moms, we're all for outdoor play but there's no shame in mixing things up.
Whether you're challenging your kids to a face-off at the Ninja Obstacle Course, watching those little daredevils show off all their moves in the foam pits, or judging a "who can bounce higher contest" - there are plenty of ways to keep them smiling (and probably wear them out) at House of Boom.
Need we say more? You can book a flight pass NOW by hitting up their website here.
Another Saturday, another birthday party! Don’t fret. As Moms, we know the struggle of picking out the right gift for all the littles. Experience gifts are all the rage. Let’s face it, all those little ones really want to do is run and be on the move anyway. And, you certainly won’t hear any complaints about that here! So, when you find yourself trying to avoid the toy aisle on the hunt for that next gift, head over to House of Boom. They have just the thing!
If you want to chat with a Mama that knows all about what Fit4Mom Lou has to offer, hit up our girl Joya. This amazing go-getter has been checking off her goals right and left with the help of a variety of #F4MLOU classes. Most recently, Joya participated in our Spring session of Run Club and capped it off with an absolutely stunning performance at the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon. Below she shares her journey to the finish line with us and even throws it back to her initial transformation story thanks to Body Back that started it all!
If you’ve yet to hear about the newest member of the FIT4MOM family, we’re excited to introduce you to MamaWell!
Spring Break 2019
We know you're busy handling #allthethings before your vacation, Mama. So here is a list of a few reminders of things that may slip your mind!
1. Stop the mail.
Not only will it trick the bad guys into thinking you are home but it's a super quick and easy to do task! With a few quick clicks, your mail will be held until you say go!
We're talking about anything with a plug! Think small electronics, modems/ routers, appliances of all sizes and small clocks with an LED light that are in the "off" position. Even those use a small amount of energy when connected. Unplugging will not only help you save on your bill but could help protect your Wi-Fi from being hacked into, too!
3. Set alarms.
Punch in those codes or ask Siri to do it! It's that easy.
4. Empty the trash.
Coming home to what smells like a dumpster is LESS than ideal. While you're wrapping up some last minute packing, ask the hubby to take a lap around the house to empty all of the trash cans. He'll thank you later.
5. Turn down the temp.
Unless your fur babies will be staying home while you're away, there's no need for the AC to be on blast. Turn up the temp and enjoy some electric bill savings!
6. Empty the washing machine.
Remember that one time you had full intentions of doing #allthelaundry but the craziness of the day took over and you forgot to move that one load from the washer to dryer? Yeah. Us too! And we also remember the lovely mildewed aroma that went with it! Empty those washing machines before you leave!
7. Put the water heater on vacation mode.
The last thing you want to come home to is an unexpected lake in the basement. Setting your water heater to "vacation mode" before leaving can limit damage in the event of a leak from the tank. Once you return with that beautiful glowing tan, give it about an hour to heat up and you'll be back in business!
8. Leave a light on.
Burglars are less likely to tamper with a home that appears to have humans inside. Connect a Smart Plug that will allow you to turn on and off a light while you're in vacay mode or, just leave one on!
9. Book a pet sitter.
We recommend reaching out to a neighbor or local pet sitter that you trust 4- 6 weeks before your trip. This way you aren't scrambling last minute to make sure your #1 love is in good hands while you are away.
10. Check all prescriptions.
The last thing you want to do while on vacation is run around looking for a 24 hour pharmacy. Check all of those daily meds before zipping up your luggage to make sure you won't be left in a panic!
Spring Break 2019
Tips for unplugging and maximizing time on your Vacay:
1. Disable Email notifications and set specific hours to check in with work.
We get it. No matter your profession, these days we are expected to be working 24-7. But few things can put a damper on your vacation like hearing someone needs you at work. Eliminate these distractions by disabling your email notifications or deleting your email app entirely. They WILL survive without you for a few days.
If you can’t afford to completely turn off your work emails, establish a specific time — and time limit — for checking email each day. Then only address the highest priority items and delegate the rest. Doing this will help you stick to your plan and maintain consistent expectations for yourself and your team.
2. Save Social Media for after bedtime.
We know you'll be DYING to post all the adorable pics of your kiddos and all the fun you're having, but try waiting until after bedtime to hop on your insta story! You never know what you may miss out on with your head buried in your phone!
3. Schedule ahead.
If you're the kind of person who wants to experience as much as possible while on vacay, get an itinerary together and do as much prep as you can in advance.
Plan on visiting a water or amusement park while you're away? Avoid long lines by purchasing your tickets ahead of time online. Want to visit a museum or zoo? Do a little research and see if there are dual passes available for out of towners. Is there a special restaurant you've been dying to go to? Get your reservations before you leave town! Organization is key for maximizing your family fun!
4. Follow Your Child's Lead
Planning is great, but don't let it rule the day. One of the biggest mistakes parents make on vacation is trying to push through activities and plans as planned rather than following the lead of their children. If your children seem tired, hungry or like they've had enough of a particular activity, call it quits, and take care of the issue. When traveling with children, it is important to remember that no matter how much you may want to finish a particular activity, they may not be able to handle more stimulation, or simply need to refuel. Happy kids equal happy parents on vacation. By keeping this in mind, you will be able to make the most out of your precious family vacation.
Spring Break 2019
1. Doodle Pad- For getting all of your doodles out!
2. Water Wow- Mess free? This is for me.
3. CozyPhones- Finally! Headphones that actually stay ON your little.
4. Babyganic Wipes- Go ahead and just order two.
5. Swell Bottle- Someone may have told us that these will fit an entire bottle of wine. Just sayin’.
6. Trash Bag- Because we know what the back of every Mom’s car looks like.
7. CamelBak Kids Water Bottle- So there are no spills when they get thrown on the ground.
8. YETI Cooler- Treat yourself and get your fancy on!
9. IPAD Mini- Supervised of course... but a little screen time won't hurt!
10. Travel Activity Kit - So we can at least TRY to stay organized.
Spring Break 2019
1. FIT4MOM Tote- Fold it or load it!
2. Surface SPF 40 Face Stick- Just say NO to wrinkles. Protect your skin with a tint!
3. YETI Colster- Sip in style.
4. Rainbow Sandals- Bring out your inner surfer chick. These are a must for any beach vacay.
5. Beautycounter Rose Water Spray - Cooling, refreshing & moisturizing! This spray is exactly what your skin needs for a mid day beach pick me up!
6. MPow Waterproof Case- Because we know you’ll be taking #alltheselfies.
7. UE Boom Speaker - Music makes everything more fun.
8. Beach Tent - Perfect for giving your itty bitty ones a place to nap, snack, play games or just escape the sun.
9. Kids Beach Chair- We love these chair for eating lunch at the beach and we even bring them along to soccer games back at home to give our kiddos a break from the sun.
10. Collapsible Beach Wagon - We know you've got plenty to haul - this beach wagon will give the hubs back a break. ;)
Whether you're racing toward a 5K finish line or you're training to cross that marathon off your bucket list, we've compiled a list of our favorite items that will help any runner achieve their goals!
Ready to get going? Here are a few of our easiest tips for kick starting your Spring Fitness goals.
1. Fitness in the Kitchen. It's true what they say, abs are made in the kitchen. The best way to jump start your fitness is to ditch the junk. Eat only real, whole foods and be careful of your portion size. Forget calorie counting. Instead just focus on fueling your body and giving it what it needs. Track what you eat! We are all busy Mamas, it's easy to lose track of what you are eating. But any Body Back grad will tell you the importance of food journaling. You will be shocked at how much more you are eating than you think you are once you start tracking. Download My Fitness Pal for an easy app to use on the go. It only takes a second to log and it is SO worth it.
2. Set realistic expectations. Realistic tweaks to your routine are the first step to a lasting habit. Don’t overwhelm yourself by taking on too many ambitious goals at once; instead, stick to the basics. And remember: Being healthy should be fun, feel good and be something you look forward to every day.
3. Sleep. We know...who has time for it? But proper sleep is SO important for your overall wellness. Not only does that precious shut eye give your body a chance to repair itself before your next workout, but tiredness can result in feeling hungry and lead to over eating. Ever have days where you feel like no matter what you eat you are still starving? More than likely it's because you havent had a proper night's sleep!
4. Step up that H20 game. Proper hydration aids digestion, refuels our bodies for upcoming workouts, boosts energy, nourishes the skin… the list of benefits goes on and on. Keep a water bottle with you at ALL TIMES as a constant reminder to drink more. *Remember that the water you drink during or immediately after a workout does not count toward your daily goal.*
5. Use the Buddy System. Pick a Body Back buddy or two and check in with one another often! Make sure you both are coming to class, check each other's weekly meal plans, get together for workouts on off days. You are much more likely to follow through if you know someone else is counting on you and will hold you accountable.
The pool, the beach- you're on vacay, we get it. You need a drink (or 12). So do we. Here are our recommendations for what to choose and what to skip to keep that waistline in check.
What to Drink. A large margarita, sex on the beach, or pina colada often contains more than 400 calories! Instead, opt for a vodka and soda water with lime, wine spritzer, champagne or light beer. Club soda has zero calories, zero fat and zero sugar. Love wine? Try cutting it with sparkling water to make it last a little longer and reduce your calorie intake. The average flute of bubbly has only 80 calories and no fat, and a bottle of light beer has just over 100 calories and no fat!
Pour Slowly, Sip Slowly. After all, you've got all day!
Drink Plenty of Water. A simple but important rule: Drink a glass of water for every cocktail you have. This will help fill you up so you aren't drinking alcohol to quench your thirst. Water will also keep you hydrated and minimize the effects of your hangover.
Eat Wisely. Don't forget to eat before you start drinking. After a drink or two, your likelihood of choosing wisely is severly diminished. Skip that snack bar and pack your own snacks instead. Nuts, fresh fruit, raw veggies and hummus, kale chips, a whole grain english muffin with a tablespoon of nut butter, edamame, or a clean beef jerky like this one all make great pool/beach snacks!
Get a morning workout in (because we know you won't after you start drinking). Not just for the calorie burn, but if you've made the investment to workout in the morning you're much more likely to make healthier choices when it comes to eating and drinking throughout the day. It doesn’t have to be crazy early! You are on vacation. Sleep in and then once you wake up, hang with your fam and have coffee. Make your workout the first thing on your agenda post coffee or breakfast.
CHEERS to a happy, healthy and slightly buzzed vacation!
The annual pilgrimage from Louisville to Florida is upon us. And we don't want you to ruin all your hard work and progress over these three weeks with fast food and gas station snacks on the way down. Here are our tips for a staying healthy on that long road trip!
It's like we always say, you cannot succeed without a plan! Think ahead of time: What will you eat? What will your kids eat? When will you eat? Where? Save money, time and calories by opting for a picnic instead of stopping at a crappy restaurant.
Traveling lunch or dinner ideas: Bring a small cooler and pack up any of these for a convenient meal.
-Body Back Tomato Basil Pasta Salad or this one.
-Body Back Chicken Salad served on a bed of lettuce or this one.
-Body Back Turkey Pesto Wrap or this one.
-Body Back Mediterranean Chicken Pasta or this one.
-Body Back Roasted Vegetable & Quinoa Bowl or this one.
Traveling snack ideas:
-Fresh Fruit. A simple apple travels well or you could prepare a small fruit salad to share with the kiddos. Who can resist fresh fruit on a warm spring day?
-Body Back Chickpea Nuts or these.
-We are loving these fruit and nut packs from Archer Farms! They are healthy, convenient, and the perfect size for snacking on the go!
-Air popped popcorn or these handy snack bags from skinny pop!
Happy trails, Mamas! xoxo
We can always rely on House of Boom to pull through with an amazing deal that will make even the most frugal of mamas smile from ear to ear! They are back at it with their Winter Deal. Haven't heard about it yet? Don't worry - we're here to give you the scoop.
Here at Fit4Mom Lou, we love the awesome facility King Louie's provides for our Stroller Strides and 360 classes. It's spacious. It's clean. It's the perfect hosting site for all kinds of sports activities. But, did you know they are also the area’s premier sporting complex for Lacrosse? King Louie’s is home to L4 Lacrosse and King’s Select Lacrosse!
1. SONOS - THE. BEST. SPEAKER out there. If your hubs loves music, he needs this.
2. WHOVEN subscription - Does your man live in T- Shirts? Of course he does. We’ve got just the thing for him! A subscription box for cool monthly T’s you both will love!
3. Wintersmiths Clear Ice Ball Maker - The PERFECT clear ice balls keeps drinks colder, longer, and with less dilution!
4. Bourbon glasses - Because every Kentucky gentleman needs a nice set of Bourbon glasses!
5. Rocketbook - For your tech guy. He will love this reusable notebook that sends notes right to his laptop!
6. Monogrammed Sunglass Strap from Clayton & Crume- A southern staple from this Louisville based handcrafted leather goods company. We are in love with everything here!
7. Vuori Shorts - Whether he’s hiking, hitting the courts, or lounging around the house, he will beg you for multiple pairs of these. Made for comfort with build in boxers, these are sure to be his new FAVE.
8. Indoor Putting Green - Since he can’t hit the links EVERY day, this indoor putting green will at least help his short game.
9. NIXON Watch - What’s hotter than a man in a nice watch?
10. Jerky Snob - Jerky Snob is a subscription-based service that sends healthy and delicious monthly shipments of great jerky that is made by independent and small batch producers. Hubs will love it!
1. Pottery Barn Baby Bath Wraps- Warm and cuddly, oh my!
2. Cool Beans Stretchy Baby Car Seat Canopy & Nursing Cover- Stylish yet functional.
3. MIU Waterproof Outdoor Foldable Blanket- A Stroller Strides staple that EVERY mom needs.
4. Kids Bath Collection by Beauty Counter- Safe suds for your little nugget.
5. Little Giraffe Chenille Blanket- Threads so soft it’ll make those sweet cuddles even cozier.
6. Baby Shoosher- Let the “shooshes” save the day.
7. Parker Baby Diaper Backpack- Totally stylin’ AND functioning.
8. Cuddle and Kind Hand Knit Dolls- With every purchase you will be helping to feed a child in need. Why not give back a lil’ while giving this season.
9. Heartland Music Classes- A F4M Lou Mom approved class and favorite!
10. Kickee Pants- #allthemoms are obsessing over these! Every little needs a pair.
1. Plasma Car- Inside or outside, this Plasma car is a blast! We mayyyy even get on it some nights after a couple glasses of wine and take it for a spin around the house. It's that fun!
2. Pogo Stick- Sturdy enough for adults? Because we want one too!
3. Magnetic Building Blocks- These will keep your littles occupied long enough for you to actually prep dinner… without distractions!
4. Worthy Threads-We all love Cat & Jack, but sometimes it's nice to dress your babe in something that NOT every other kid is wearing. This Mom owned company designs prints for girls and boys that you will fall in love with.
5. Pottery Barn Sleeping Bags- Whether they’re pretending to be at a sleepover or heading to Grandma’s house, these are a cozy fave!
6. Little Hippo Alarm Clock- KEEP YOUR KID IN BED LONGER AND GET MORE SLEEP ? Yes please! MELLA uses colors and facial expressions to teach your kids when it's time for bed and time to wake up.
7. Best Workout Buddy Shirt- A F4M little must have!
8. Kiwi Crate- Forget the IPAD, these STEM projects will keep your kiddos busy for hours. And no Mom guilt!
9. Candy Land Game- Nostalgic? Yes. Necessary for your child? Also yes.
10. VTECH Smartwatch- Because we know your little ones want to be just like you, smart watch and all!
Snow Day? … Take them to House of Boom
Need to entertain your kids during winter break? … Take them to House of Boom
Guests in town for the holidays? … Take them to House of Boom
Sensing a theme here? Us too! :)
King Louie's Sports Center is a Strides favorite for many of you but there are SO many more activities that go on in this amazing space. Let us fill you in on what you might be missing out on!
We may be all about that mom life but we sure love the amazing dads that support the women that make our community so special! This week, we are putting a new spin on our Transformation Tuesday with a little input from the spouse of one of our recent Run Club and Body Back grads, Ashley Gonzalez.
Don't Forget About Yourself, Mama!
De-stress. The holidays can be a stressful time. We all feel the stress of managing our usual duties along with additional commitments to our friends and family. You may feel the financial stress of gifts and the interpersonal stress of conflicts. Try to anticipate sources of stress and develop a plan to manage them. This may involve committing to fewer get-togethers or setting a tighter budget. Don’t feel guilty... always remember what we say in Body Back: you have to take care of yourself before you can take of others.
Treat yourself. The holiday spirit is about helping others around you, but you also have to make time to take care of yourself. So treat yourself with something over the holidays. It may be something as simple as sleep. Wake up late and enjoy a day of rest; you need it. How about reading that book you’ve been meaning to for a long time, or getting a manicure or massage? Take the time to do the things that make you happy. Don't feel like you have the time to set aside for yourself right now? Plan a day in the New Year just for you and give it as a gift to yourself. Put it on your calendar, tell your spouse, block that time just for you!
Unschedule. We know that planner is booked solid. But are there things you can really say no to? Make room for holiday magic to unfold and cancel some of your planned activities.
Help others. Depression can increase during the holidays. Watch for signs of depression among your friends and family. Take an active role to support those in need. Invite those colleagues or friends who are alone over the holidays to spend them with you. Feeling down yourself? Volunteer and give to those less fortunate. Sometimes the best way to feel better ourselves is to give a little to those who need it most.
Be Grateful. Directing more of our attention towards gratitude for the things that make our lives wonderful is scientifically proven to make us healthier, more energetic, less stressed and anxious, and help us get better sleep. There is so much to be grateful for. Soak in the gratitude!
The craziness of the holiday season is upon us. The check lists, the shopping, the wrapping, the rushing, the STRESS. Your health is probably the last thing on your mind. But follow a couple of these easy tips and you're sure to save yourself from at least a few bad choices!
1. Eat Before You Shop! A starving mama can only pass that Cinnabon stand so many times before she convinces herself it's an ok option. Save yourself by not going to the mall hungry.
2. Track what you eat! The holidays are so busy, its easy to lose track of what you are eating. But any Body Back grad will tell you the importance of food journaling. Download My Fitness Pal for an easy app to use on the go. It only takes a second to log and it is SO worth it.
3. Weigh yourself daily. Usually we discourage you from weighing yourself every single day since so many factors can influence your weight. However, this month may be a good time to keep an eye on that scale. It can get away from you quickly!
4. Keep healthy snacks at work. Workplaces are usually the WORST culprits when it comes to overdoing the unhealthy holiday foods. Stash healthy foods in your desk at work so you’re not as tempted by the treats piling up at the office.
5. Get in a good sweat. You are more likely to make good food choices on the days you've worked out. So don't miss class! You are too busy to get it in later in the day, so get that butt kicking done with us at 5:30am!
At those holiday get-togethers it can be hard to know which is the healthiest choice to make. Here's our recommendations for what to choose and what to skip to keep that waistline in check.
Research suggests that you’ll consume the largest quantity of the foods you eat first, so set yourself up for success by starting with something low-calorie.
Eat this: Veggies and hummus. Veggies are packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and hummus is low cal but will also leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Not that: Chips and Dip. Chips are usually fried and have tons of salt which will leave you feeling bloated the next day. Dips like ranch can deliver a devastating 150 calories and 16 grams of fat per two tablespoons. You can easily consume 750 calories of dressing alone without realizing it.
Meats, Seafood & Small Bites:
Eat this: Shrimp cocktail, meatballs or deli meats. These are high in protein and low in fat. For example, 10 shrimps with cocktail sauce pack just 120 calories and less than 1 gram of fat.
Not that: Pigs in a Blanket or Buffalo Chicken Bites. Just one tiny Pig in a Banket can have over 100 calories and the breading and frying of those Buffalo Chicken Bites make them a dangerous choice.
Usually we opt to skip dessert... but it IS the holidays...
Eat this: Opt for fresh fruit! Believe it or not, it will ease your sugar craving. However, if you HAVE to have a little traditional dessert, don't overdo it. Scout the spread beforehand and choose one or two desserts you feel you just must try. If they're larger than bite-size portions, take half or split with a friend.
Not that: Pecan Pie, Frosted Sugar Cookies & Peppermint Bark. A single slice of this pie packs 500 calories and more than 30 g of sugar. Adorable frosted sugar cookies pack up to 166 calories and 15 g of sugar a pop and a small square of candy cane-topped peppermint bark can have nearly 180 calories with 10g of sugar.
Pour slowly, sip slowly.
Drink This: Champagne, light beer or vodka soda. The average flute of bubbly has 80 calories and no fat, and a bottle of light beer has just over 100 calories and no fat. Club soda has zero calories, zero fat and zero sugar.
Not That: Eggnog, creamy martinis or Gin & Tonic. Eggnog has an average of 344 calories and 19 grams of fat per glass! Dessert cocktails like chocolate martinis pack around 400 calories and 20 grams of fat. And tonic water can actually have as many calories as a regular cola!
Eat, drink & be merry! But do it carefully.
*adapted from cancercenter.com*
Tips for Safely Navigating those Holiday Parties
The holidays are upon us and that means lots of parties with lots of food choices that you may usually steer clear of. But just because you are a health conscious Mama doesn't mean you have to miss out on all the fun. Here are a few of our tips for keeping your party game stepped up without overdoing it.
1. Bring a Dish! There’s no better way to control what you eat than to bring your own healthy dish! If you're a Body Back alum, the Roasted Veggie Quinoa salad or Tomato Basil Pasta salads are both great options to bring to a party. If you haven't been through the 8 Week Transformation yet, try decorating a wooden appetizer board with a variety of healthy nuts, hummus, olives, raw veggies, and crackers for dipping.
2. Indulge Wisely. Go ahead! Have your favorite holiday treat or drink this season. Just be smart about it. There's no need to over do it when research shows that the first couple bites of something are actually the most satisfying. Go to the healthiest options first if you are feeling especially hungry. Take small bites and chew well. By doing so we can mitigate the negative effects that hard-to-digest foods or a combination of foods can have on our system. Both carbohydrate and fat digestion begin in the mouth with our salivary glands and our tongue’s enzyme secretion, so do your stomach a favor and chew, chew, chew!
3. Learn to say "No." Some of us feel like not eating something will offend the host or other guests. In reality, that’s rarely the case and others are usually unaware of what you are or are not eating. Also, with so many dietary restrictions today and an ever-growing population of people who are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and/or vegetarians, there is probably someone else at the event who’s watching their intake as well.
4. Use the Buddy System. Chances are there will be another health conscious friend at the party you are attending. Plan ahead to keep each other in check. Make sure you are seated near one another if it is a seated dinner. You are much less likely to over indulge or make bad choices if you know there is someone else watching!
Just when we think that House of Boom couldn't possibly get more exciting, they announce their awesome summer camp!
(Oh who are we kidding... we're never surprised by all the fun offered at House of Boom!)
Are you looking for something extra special for your kids to do this summer? Look no further than House of Boom this June & July. We've provided all the details below:
Have you heard about the latest and greatest of deals offered by our friends at House of Boom? Scroll on down to read all about the After School Pass!
We can't imagine a more epic party venue than the premier trampoline park in Louisville. If you want to blow your birthday girl or boy's mind, let House of Boom host!
One of our favorite things about House of Boom is their commitment to providing a safe environment for our kids! Another thing we love about them is the broad collection of activities they offer. From the new Ninja Obstacle Course to the Extreme Dodgeball arena, they have something for everyone to enjoy. Today, we are especially loving the foam pits!
Do your kids love practicing tricks at House of Boom? The foam pits are the perfect place to practice aerial tricks and enjoy the freedom of flying through the air! The soft cushion of the foam cubes provides a safe landing space for all of the creative moves your kids can dream up! As moms, that's something we really appreciate.
If they are looking for some new inspo, show them some of these moves! The article provides pictures and step by step instruction for each trampoline trick. Some of these moves can benefit you too, Mama! The trampolines are a great place to work on your balance, core, and strength!
Next time you're at House of Boom, show your kids how they can use the foam pits to practice their skills. They will have a blast and you can rest easy knowing they'll land safe and sound!
Until August 15, you can head over to House of Boom and get a Wild Card for ONLY $10 when you purchase your flight ticket.
What is a Wild Card, you ask?
Only a 30 day pass for just $10.
The Wild Card gets you a 1-hour admission into the park for the next 30 days. That makes your cost only $0.33 per day for one hour each.
So, here’s how you can get your Wild Card:
- Buy a flight pass (1 hour, 2 hours, online or in-park)
- Ask for the Wild Card upgrade ($10 per person)
- Rock out for the next 30 days
The Wild Card price beats their normal one hour flight pass fee AND you get to use it for a whole month. That’s a crazy good deal, Mamas. Head over to House of Boom to get your Wild Card today!
You can find more details here!
We waited all winter for these warm summer days and boy have they arrived. The Kentucky summer heat and humidity is no joke! When you are loading up those kiddos to get to Stroller Strides and Stroller Barre this month, be sure to pack extra water and sunscreen. Portable stroller fans, water misters, and frozen/refrigerated wet wash clothes are other great ways to entertain your little ones while keeping them cool during class.
Of course, another great option to cool off after class is to head over to House of Boom and enjoy their massive air conditioned facility full of fun! You can get your workout of the day in and then let your kids get that pent up energy out from waiting patiently in those strollers during class! There are so many fun activities to enjoy at House of Boom; they’ve recently added a ninja obstacle course, zip line, and stunt fall attraction! Don’t worry - your tried and true favorites like the foam pits, dodgeball arena, and plenty of trampolines are still there!
If you’ve never been to House of Boom, it’s the perfect time to check it out now that all the new additions are complete! And if you’re like us and tend to be regulars, you now have a new excuse to go back (like you needed an excuse)!
We know your kids are going to LOVE the new and improved House of Boom.
Have you heard about House of Boom’s charitable efforts through Jump4Jump? Find out how you can help support this cause below!
If you want to chat with a client that can tell you ALL about #F4MLou, Brittany Littles is your girl. This amazing mama has taken on every program in our FIT4MOM repertoire and rocked every single one! Her most recent involvement has been with Stroller Strides, Run Club, and Fit4Baby. That’s right.... she’s expecting her second child any day now and has truly inspired Our Village with how active she’s been throughout her pregnancy. These are just a few words our team used to describe this determined mama:
“Brittany has a heart of pure gold! Her spirit is infectious and her determination is immeasurable. She’s an amazing mama, wife, teacher and runner. I’m blessed to have such an amazing friend!” - Terri (Run Club Coach)
“Brittany has an unshakable spirit, always so positive, no matter what. She is motivated, determined, and such an amazing role model. I’m so grateful to have had her in my class!” - Carla (Fit4Baby instructor)
“Don’t mistake kindness for weakness” - She may very well be one of the nicest people but she is a beast! - Susan (BOOST instructor)
If you've yet to try out Stroller Strides, this list might just change your mind. Fit4Mom Louisville has so much to offer moms through our Strides classes. We provide fitness for mom and fun for baby (and big kids too)!
If you've been to House of Boom with your children, we bet you're familiar with the dread the kiddos feel when its time to leave! How excited do you think they would be if they found out they didn't have to?!
Being stuck inside in the cold winter months can be tough for anyone. The winter blues are a REAL thing! It can be especially difficult to entertain little ones this time of year. So, what is a mom to do?!
It's February.... the month of Loooove! While we typically keep things all about the #momlife here, we know you wear lots of other hats. So, this month we're going to focus on your grown up relationships! :)
It's no surprise that Our Village had a blast at our play date last month at House of Boom! We host play dates pretty frequently but the ones at House of Boom are extra fun. Play dates are a great way to get out of the house, make new friends, and experience some of the awesome activities offered by the city of Louisville!
It's no secret that one of our favorite Fit4Mom Lou hot spots is House of Boom. They offer 23,000 square feet of fun to explore. It is packed with a variety of activities guaranteed to put a smile on everyones' face. AND... once those flight passes expire and it's time to go home, your kiddos should be prepped and ready for nap time!
Whether you're there 100% to get your sweat on, you come for some mama socialization time, or you fall somewhere in the middle, these tips will help you maximize your time with us during Stroller Strides.
This month we are sharing the story of two of our Run Club and Body Back mamas that just crushed their goal of running in the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon! Kirsten Murphy and Lauren Rager have been part of Our Village for over a year and their transformation since has been so inspiring! Thank you to Kirsten for being a guest contributor on the blog this week so we could share your experiences!
We KNOW how tough it is to stay on track at those Super Bowl parties, Mama! Try bringing something healthy to share so you can fuel up but stay on track with those FIT MOMMY GOALS as well! You can view the full recipe on www.skinnytaste.com!
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz cooked corn, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Add avocado just before serving.
After you try it, let us know what you think by emailing Cass and Jess at email@example.com!
Planning my daughter’s birthday parties has always been a struggle. Having your kid’s birthday two days before Christmas means that almost of all your friends hate you for making them bring their child to yet ANOTHER event during the busiest time of year. So I always try to give the parents a little added incentive to come. This year’s bribe: Bring your kids to House of Boom for Addie’s birthday. They will be EXHAUSTED afterwards. In the invitation I literally planted the visualization of an early bedtime and a quiet house. It worked. Everyone came.
The day of the party I was predictably stressed and overwhelmed and ready to snap at anyone in my way. I arrived at House of Boom early to set up, already worried that I wouldn’t possibly have enough time to get everything ready. I saw a sign that said “Party Checkin” and was relieved that I didn’t have to wait behind every kid in town who was out of school for winter break. As soon as I gave my name a series of things started to happen. I heard various people telling other people that the “Party Mom” had arrived and I was promptly introduced to my “Party Hostess.” (Huh? My what? I’m sure there was something about this in the form I filled out online but when you plan your kids birthday party at 1am you tend to overlook the details.) Anyway, my “Party Hostess” was AH-MAZING. She didn’t just show me to my room and then let me know when the pizza was there. She stuffed confetti into balloons, she rearranged tables and arranged them back when I changed my mind, she tied ribbons, hung decorations, filled ice tubs, set tables and even finished the final preparations while I frantically ran home to pick up the birthday girl. Best of all… she cleaned up when we were finished. She actually insisted that we not help her. You guys, I need a Party Hostess for my life.
Our January Recipe of the month comes from fedandfit.com! We love that it uses husband approved flavors. Try this on a Sunday, paired with some football and you’ve just made your baby daddy the happiest man EVER!
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 heaping cups shredded chicken (crockpot* or rotisserie)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 large stalk)
1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large)
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon chipotle mayo, divided
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce, divided (I used Frank’s)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon drilled dill
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
optional toppings: cubed avocado, fresh parsley, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse sweet potatoes and poke with a fork. Place in oven on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft.
- While the sweet potato bake, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add celery and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the inside flesh, except leaving a thin layer so they can maintain their shape. Add the insides into the bowl with the celery mixture.
- In the bowl, add shredded chicken, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 hot sauce, and spices. Mash and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture back into shells evenly distributing. Mix the remaining 1 tablespoon mayo and 1 tablespoon hot sauce into a small bowl. Evenly distribute over chicken mixture on sweet potatoes.
- Turn down oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes. Top with toppings of choice or eat as is.
Let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We all love (dread) planning our kids birthday parties, right? You know, the hours of time put into brainstorming themes, organizing games and cleaning your house so that 20 messy toddlers can promptly destroy it? Well stress no more, Mama. King Louie’s has the answer to these problems and more.
Last year, after Addison suddenly became more obsessed with Soccer than Princesses, we decided to have her 3rd birthday party at King Louie’s in Middletown. This clean, fun venue is the PERFECT place for a busy Mama to host her kiddo’s big day.
The facility has an upper level with pub seating, flat screen TVs and a balcony which overlooks the field. This is where we ate, opened presents, and hosted the adults.
The kiddos played below with 20 soccer balls we purchased at 5 below ($5 each!) The balls also served as the kid’s party favors which they took home with them! Our guests LOVED the balls and it saved me the time of picking out, purchasing, and stuffing goodie bags. Win-win!
The Management was friendly, easy to work with and willing to accommodate whatever I needed to make my #1 girl’s birthday a success!
Most importantly….she had the best day EVER!
Check out King Louie’s for your little one’s next birthday! Visit their website or contact Stacie Jones (email@example.com) for more information.
If you live in Kentucky, then you know how HUGE college football is! And you also know the EXCITEMENT that comes along with the highly anticipated UofL/ UK game! With the big game quickly approaching it’s time to start shopping for some HOT GAME DAY GEAR!
That’s where LUCY BELLS comes in… They have a variety of T’s to choose from that can be dressed UP or DOWN! These beauties are made straight out of Lawrenceburg, KY which is awesome for us because shipping time will be a breeze!!
You can find them on ETSY at LucyBells2009. Go check them out Mamas!
Disclaimer: The content of this post is for informational purposes only. FIT4MOM Louisville does not make representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog. FIT4MOM Louisville is not being paid or compensated in any way for this promotion.
If you know anything about me, you know I am OBSESSED with drybar! When we moved to Louisville from San Diego about a year and a half ago and I discovered there was no drybar in town, I literally asked my Husband how he expected me to survive. Finally my prayers were answered and drybar arrived here earlier this Spring. Needless to say I have been there countless times since the opening and believe me, the Louisville bar does not disappoint! Not your typical hair salon, drybar focuses on one thing and does it to perfection: Blowouts. You have to try it to really understand how amazing your hair can look! #Protip: You can bring wine or champagne with you which they will pour to complete the perfect pampering session!
Lucky for you, we are raffling off a complimentary blowout at our FREE STROLLER BARRE PREVIEW on Wednesday, October 5th! *Enroll in class ahead of time to be entered to win.*
Disclaimer: The content of this post is for informational purposes and expresses only the opinion of FIT4MOM Louisville. FIT4MOM Louisville does not make representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog. FIT4MOM Louisville is not being paid or compensated in any way for this promotion.
We've run through the gauntlet of sports bras for you and we've FINALLY found a winner. The Fiona by Moving Comfort.
You guys...it has everything a Mama needs. Comfort, breathability, enough support even for tatas full of milk, a reasonable price tag and, yes.....velcro straps for breastfeeding Mamas (Can I get an AMEN?!) This sports bra blends comfort and support in a fit that works for nearly any body type. Head to your nearest Dick's, running store or their website today and check one out for yourself.
Disclaimer: The content of this post is for informational purposes only. FIT4MOM Louisville does not make representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog. FIT4MOM Louisville is not being paid or compensated in any way for this promotion.
Stroller Striding Littles FAVE THINGS- August
If you haven’t already been to STEEL CITY POPS this summer, IT’S A MUST!
Why WE love them- Besides being UBER tasty, these POPS are made with all- natural or certified ingredients. They are even locally- harvested when possible and they are only sweetened with raw, organic cane sugar. Steel City Pops never uses artificial flavors, colors or preservatives! All POPS are gluten- free and vegetarian which is an added bonus! Looking for a new affordable HOT spot for the whole fam in The Ville? THIS is it!
Why our LITTLES love them- What little doesn’t like a tasty treat?! With such great ingredients, Mommy may even let you have two! The littles even get to enjoy watching STEEL CITY POPS being made while they eat inside the beautifully designed shop!
Where YOU can find them- Our nearest location is right here in Louisville but you can also find them in Alabama and Texas! Get in your car or bike and head there NOW!
You can find them at 1021 Bardstown Rd., Louisville, KY 40204.
Check out their website at www.steelcitypops.com for their menu and more! With options such as Cantaloupe, Champagne White Tea, Strawberry Shortcake and Coffee... you and the littles can’t NOT find something you’ll both love!
Gettin Hot in Herrr.
Its that time of year again when the temps are WAY up. Follow these tips to keep your kiddos safe and cool at Stroller Strides.
- Magic Cooling Towel: The Magic Cool is a personal cooling cloth designed to be used when personal cooling is needed. Simply wet the cloth with water, wring it out, and wave it in the air. The Magic Cool will cool down rapidly and stay cool as long as fabric is moist. Can be found at Cabelas!
- Hot and Cold Gel packs: A frozen gel pack wrapped in a dish towel makes a wonderful climate control backrest for your little one. It’s squishy so it is not uncomfortable to lean against and because it is frozen it will keep baby nice and cool without being too cold.
- Frozen water bottle: Fill a water bottle 3⁄4 of the way and then freeze it while it is partially on its side. Make sure it is on an angle and that the cap end is not totally covered with water. Right before class, fill the remaining space with cold tap water. Your water will remain cold for the duration of class.
- Ice Towels: Wet a washcloth or dish towel, fold it and place it in the freezer. Before class, fill a ziplock with ice cubes and place your frozen towel inside. During class you can reach for your frozen towel as needed for a cool down, then simply place it back in the ziplock to keep it cold.
- Clip on fan: You can find a reasonably priced clip on fan to provide a breeze for your little one. They can be found at Wal-Mart for as little as $5.00 or online for around $15.00.
- Misting Fan: Look for a hand-held misting fan to provide your baby with an occasional spritz of cool water. These can be found at Wal-Mart and Sports Authority.
Stay cool, Mamas. xoxo.
Our Stroller Striding Littles FAVE thing this month will totally keep you lookin' stylish this summer!
Check out the original MILK SNOB cover!
Why WE love them- They are totally stylish and have lots of fab prints to choose from! Not only do they work as a car seat cover but it can also be used as a nursing combo! They also help shield those pesky summer time bugs! Listen to what Christine (a Stroller Striding Mama) has to say about them!
"I love that the cover goes completely around so nothing shows- when I had Addison the only covers on the market were draped down the front of you, leaving chances for side boob exposure! They also offer cute prints and free shipping."
Why our LITTLES love them- I mean, who doesn't like a little shade from the sun?! We also know the Littles have to love how soft the fabric is on their skin while they are nursing or being bottle fed!
Where YOU can find them- Go to www.milksnob.com to fine these and other amazing stylish products. They are such a great deal at only $36.00 each! We love looking stylish on a budget!
Disclaimer- FIT4MOM Louisville is in no way being paid or compensated for the review or recommendation of these products.
FIT4MOM LOUISVILLE Presents Our Stroller Striding Littles FAVE THINGS for JUNE!
Why we love them- Summer has arrived in Louisville, KY and we are feeling the HEAT & HUMIDITY! These fans help keep our littles cooled off during class which makes Mama HAPPY!
Where you can find them- Whether you prefer shopping online or getting out of the house and shopping locally, you’ll have no problem finding these awesome fans! You’re Little will be HAPPY you did so!
Here are our TOP 3 places to find them...
What our FIT4MOM LOUISVILLE MOMS are saying about them-
“We love our fan because it makes me feel at ease knowing my 3 month old is getting some air flow while sitting in her stroller!”
“Couldn’t make it through a summer without one!”
“Love that they make them with soft blades so I know that my little man won’t get hurt if he happens to touch the fan”
Disclaimer- FIT4MOM Louisville is in no way being paid or compensated for the review or recommendation of these products.
HEY all of you HOT Mama’s… YES YOU! YOU are a HOT MOM!
We know that being a MOM means that we are on FULL TIME DUTY. Some days (let’s be honest- MOST DAYS) we rock dirty hair from the day(s) before and t-shirts stained with go-gurt. You know... the ones that our kiddos absolutely love to eat but then squeeze the rest out onto anything it can touch! BUT... we still want you to feel like a HOT MAMA while you’re ROCKING it on MOM duty!
That’s why we want to start sharing some of our fave products with you each month! You definitely don’t have to LOOK like you have it all together and you sure as heck don’t have to apply a full face of makeup every morning to BE a HOT MOM... but let’s be REAL… sometimes using a new product can make you feel renewed, confident and remind you that YES YOU, are in fact a HOT MOM!
Our June Product of the Month comes from Belle & Rose. A line of products made from 100% all natural ingredients and hand blended in Louisville, Kentucky!
Do you ever feel like your complexion starts to look dull, feel rough or that it just needs a pick me up during the summer months?! We do!!! Which is exactly why we want to share this Raw Honey Face Scrub! One of the ingredients is SEA SALT which is just the right texture to lift and remove those old dead skin cells and reveal that healthy, radiant skin that is hiding underneath! It’s one of those products you will use and walk away from really feeling like your skin just benefited. It also has an amazing LAVENDER aroma which has a calming effect. So make sure those littles are good to go for a few minutes, close that bathroom door and give yourself a few minutes of relaxation with this amazing product. You deserve it Mama...
Disclaimer: We are not Dermatologists but have heard it is best not to exfoliate more than 1-2x a week as you want to give your skin time to renew itself after exfoliation before exfoliating again! FIT4MOM Louisville is not being paid or compensated in any way for this promotion. These are simply products that we love and want to share!
You can purchase this product HERE and if you’re in the Louisville area, use coupon code LOCAL for free local delivery or call (502) 930-2290!
CHEERS to us HOT Mama’s! Have a great rest of the month!