Ready to get going? Here are a few of our easiest tips for kick starting your Spring Fitness goals.
1. Fitness in the Kitchen. It's true what they say, abs are made in the kitchen. The best way to jump start your fitness is to ditch the junk. Eat only real, whole foods and be careful of your portion size. Forget calorie counting. Instead just focus on fueling your body and giving it what it needs. Track what you eat! We are all busy Mamas, it's easy to lose track of what you are eating. But any Body Back grad will tell you the importance of food journaling. You will be shocked at how much more you are eating than you think you are once you start tracking. Download My Fitness Pal for an easy app to use on the go. It only takes a second to log and it is SO worth it.
2. Set realistic expectations. Realistic tweaks to your routine are the first step to a lasting habit. Don’t overwhelm yourself by taking on too many ambitious goals at once; instead, stick to the basics. And remember: Being healthy should be fun, feel good and be something you look forward to every day.
3. Sleep. We know...who has time for it? But proper sleep is SO important for your overall wellness. Not only does that precious shut eye give your body a chance to repair itself before your next workout, but tiredness can result in feeling hungry and lead to over eating. Ever have days where you feel like no matter what you eat you are still starving? More than likely it's because you havent had a proper night's sleep!
4. Step up that H20 game. Proper hydration aids digestion, refuels our bodies for upcoming workouts, boosts energy, nourishes the skin… the list of benefits goes on and on. Keep a water bottle with you at ALL TIMES as a constant reminder to drink more. *Remember that the water you drink during or immediately after a workout does not count toward your daily goal.*
5. Use the Buddy System. Pick a Body Back buddy or two and check in with one another often! Make sure you both are coming to class, check each other's weekly meal plans, get together for workouts on off days. You are much more likely to follow through if you know someone else is counting on you and will hold you accountable.