Holiday Mini 2018
Setting an intention is a great way to ensure that your life is moving in the direction you want it to. Your intentions have the power to make any idea or dream a reality! Follow this step by step guide for setting intentions during the holidays.
1. Choose something you'd like to see change take place. It can be anything as simple as wanting to be more present with your family at the dinner table or meeting up with an old friend. Or, it could be something that feels unreachable and that may even scare you. Like getting that lifelong dream you've had about a new business idea up and running. Choose ONE thing you want to see change take place.
2. Write it down! We say it all the time in our F4M Louisville Body Back sessions. There's something powerful that happens when you put pen to paper. So go ahead, mama. Write it down!
A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere. -Joyce Meyer
3. List 3 actions to begin immediately. If your intention is to be more present at the dinner table, perhaps number one on the list can be to leave all electronics on their chargers during the dinner hour. If it's to meet with an old friend, the first action could be to call her up by lunch, today! Whatever the steps are, WRITE THEM DOWN too.
4. Set a date to make your intention a reality. An intention written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action (see # 3) makes an intention a reality!
5. Hang it up. Place that sucker somewhere so you are reminded of it daily! You are much more likely to achieve your goals if you are forced to look at them every day.
6. Take Action. Now that you know what your intention is and how to get there, the rest is up to you. Get going and make it happen!