Our January Recipe of the month comes from fedandfit.com! We love that it uses husband approved flavors. Try this on a Sunday, paired with some football and you’ve just made your baby daddy the happiest man EVER!
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 heaping cups shredded chicken (crockpot* or rotisserie)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 large stalk)
1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large)
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon chipotle mayo, divided
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce, divided (I used Frank’s)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon drilled dill
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
optional toppings: cubed avocado, fresh parsley, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse sweet potatoes and poke with a fork. Place in oven on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft.
- While the sweet potato bake, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add celery and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the inside flesh, except leaving a thin layer so they can maintain their shape. Add the insides into the bowl with the celery mixture.
- In the bowl, add shredded chicken, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 hot sauce, and spices. Mash and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture back into shells evenly distributing. Mix the remaining 1 tablespoon mayo and 1 tablespoon hot sauce into a small bowl. Evenly distribute over chicken mixture on sweet potatoes.
- Turn down oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes. Top with toppings of choice or eat as is.
Let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!