Holiday Mini 2018
What does it mean to feel grounded? It means to be present in your life TODAY. Do not worry about the past or the future. It means having control - being ready to face daily challenges with your head held high. With children, this is sometimes easier said than done-especially during the holidays!
Here are 5 ways to help stay grounded. Try and find time this week to accomplish them all. Feel free to share in our closed Facebook group to help inspire others.
- Remember the reason for the season. It's all happening. The madness of the holiday season is in full swing. And along with the excitement and fun can also come a lot of stress (mostly brought on ourselves). When you feel yourself getting overwhelmed this week with that long list of to-dos and the growing gift lists, remember the reason for the season. Giving thanks, spirituality, spending time with friends and family- these are the important parts of the holidays. Actively choose to enjoy the magic happening all around you.
- Exercise. We've got this covered! Try to make it to all 4 classes this week to start the session off right!
- Meditation. It could be yoga. Or maybe it is through prayer. Or maybe its in the form of a solo quiet meditation. Take 5 minutes each day by yourself. ALL BY YOURSELF (and no, the restroom does not count)!
- Sit in hot water. Take a hot shower or bath. Throw in some Epsom salts. Grab a glass of wine. Rinse away whatever needs to be rinsed away.
- Just sit. Find a minute and go outside. Sit, watch, listen. Do not think about what is for dinner. Do not go through your list of things to do in your mind. Just sit. Listen to nature. Watch the trees. Appreciate the abundance of nature.