Holiday To Do's in Lou: Whether you're looking to create new traditions or try something new, check out our list of the top seven Holiday To Do's, in Lou!
1. Lights Under Lou - Dress the kids in their jammies and warm up some hot cocoa for the ride! You NEED to head to the Mega Cavern to experience one of Louisville's most highly saught after Holiday traditions, Lights Under Louisville! Enjoy a 30 minute ride through part of the caverns 17 miles of underground passageways that feature over 850 lit characters with over 3,000,000 points of light. This will quickly become one of the most memorable car rides you'll have, year after year!
2. igLouisville at 8UP: Elevated Drinkery and Kitchen - Just when you think you've experienced all that Louisville has to offer, you find out there's more! If heated igloos, roof top views, cocktails and glam entice you, go check out one of downtown Lou's favorite hot spots, 8UP. They've created a magical experience called, igLouisville that is available to you on their rooftop bar! Whether you need a girls night or a date night, don't forget to call in advance to reserve your igLou. They've become the talk of the town and are booking up fast!
3. Carriage Rides at The Paddock - Looking for a fun alternative to long lines at crowded malls to see Santa this year? Head to the Shoppes at The Paddock where you and your family will be taken on a FREE horse and carriage ride with some one on one time with Santa. But wait, it gets even better! There is also FREE face painting, Holiday Carolers AND you're able to bring your very own camera, too! Check out The Paddock website for more detailed information.
4. Work the Metal - A planned event is NOT needed when going to this favorite local shop but while you're there you will undoubtedly find yourself feeling festive and in the giving spirit. Work the Metal is a Louisville gem that has a gift for everyone on your list. Not only is it one of the BEST spots for creative and personnal gifts but you'll ALWAYS find a little something for yourself, too! Get those lists together and GET THERE!
5. ELFPALOOZA at the Galt House - While helping a child in need by bringing a new toy as your admission, your littles will be talking about this event for days! Set aside a Friday or Saturday in December to experience a winter wonderland inside the Galt House. The elves will have preparred plenty of snacks such as popcorn, cookies, and hot chocolate and mom and dad may even be able enjoy “adult” beverages to sip on, too! Not only that, but the kids will be able to take a ride on the kiddie train called, Peppermint Express!
6. Lou Ballet’s Nutcracker - Enjoy a night of whimsical magic while viewing a holiday favorite, The Nutcracker. With limited engagement of only nine show times to choose from you'll want to be sure to grab your tickets to see the Sugar Plum Fairy and her friends before their gone!
7. Fête De Noël ("Festival of Christmas") - Looking to add some new flavor to your list of holiday traditions this year? Then make plans to attend Louisville's only outdoor ice skating rink that takes place in the heart of Louisville's newest up and coming hot spot, Paristown! Lace up to skate then enjoy shopping, eating, and drinking while you're there, too. As amazing as this sounds to do as a family, we're thinking about making it a festive date night instead!