Meet Liz Matly! Our February Mom of the Month!
Liz is one of our newest Body Back/Boost members, only recently joining us in December, but it feels like she’s been a part of the crew for a long time! Liz is wifey to Steven and they have four kiddos ages 3-11, Christopher, Katie, Caroline, and Allie. Liz is an amazing mom, and makes juggling the schedules of four kids in activities look super easy! She has a wonderful heart for her community and organizes a read-a- thon charity event to raise money for Norton. Liz also inspires when she’s at class too. Even though the workouts were tough for her at first, she never gave up and pushed through them! Her transformation has been so motivating to watch!
Liz, you're one strong mama and we are so thankful to have you as a part of Our Village!
1) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I love how supportive everyone is. Coming in I only really knew one other person so I didn't know what to expect. I was really surprised by how encouraging all the mama's I have met have been.
2) What is your favorite exercise? I love using the trampolines at House of Boom during Boost and Body Back.
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom? I love watching my kids learn and achieve things. Seeing their little faces light up with a sense of accomplishment and pride is just so awesome. Another favorite is listening to their laughs. Those moments when everyone is getting along and they are all playing and laughing together are the best!
4) Favorite thing to do when you have some Mom-me time? What’s that? Time to myself? This doesn't happen nearly enough but I love getting drinks with girlfriends and just laughing and having fun.
5) What is your favorite thing to do as a family? My kiddos range from 3-11 so finding stuff everyone wants to do can be challenging. Lately they've all loved going to the movies. When it's summertime my favorite thing is to all go to the pool.
6) What is something about you that someone may not know? I really enjoy sewing and making quilts. It's something I started doing when my twins were babies. I've take a few classes and read a lot of blogs and just kinda learned as I go.
7) What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food? My favorite healthy food- I love the Sushi Bowl in the Body Back cookbook. Unhealthy- Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream.
8) What is your favorite color? Kelly Green is my favorite color.
9) What is your favorite song or artist? Too many to name. I love Lady Gaga, 90s hip hop, basically every Motown artist and country.
10) What TV shows are you currently watching? This is Us, The Crown, and I love all of the garbage show on Bravo! Real Housewives are my fave.