Meet Laura Hoehn! Our May Mom of the Month!
Laura is mommy to Elliana, and soulmate to Simon. The first thing you will notice about Laura is her sweet welcoming smile! She is always encouraging our other mamas, and we love her for it! You can meet Laura early in the morning kickin booty with the T/TH Parklands Body Back Crew, or at Stroller Strides classes all throughout the week. This fit mama has not only improved her health through our FIT4MOM programs, she has also motivated her hubby as well! Simon has been so supportive of Laura and ALL of us and we are so thankful for him! We are so lucky to have Laura and her family as part of Our Village!! We love you guys!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? My most favorite thing about Stroller Strides is that I can bring Elliana with me! I can get a good workout in without having to spend any time away from her. I also love the friendships that Elli and I have formed since becoming a part of this village!
2) What is your favorite exercise? Elliana loves when I run up and tickle her toes so any exercise that is paired up with that because I love hearing her laugh!
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom? I have always wanted to be a mom and am so thankful every day that I finally am! Watching the pure joy that Elli gets from all the simple little things that we do together is my favorite thing. I am in awe of how much she learns and changes every single day!
4) Favorite thing to do while Elli is napping? I wish I could say that I get in a quick workout or do something productive but to be totally honest I usually just take a nap or catch up on my shows!
5) What is your favorite thing to do as a family? Going to the park, riding bikes, walking with the dogs... anything outside! Fresh air is the only thing that wears our baby out!
6) What is something about you that someone may not know? I love animals! I worked in the veterinary field for almost 15 years, I volunteer at shelters and sanctuaries whenever I can, and I've fostered more dogs and cats than I can remember (but have only kept a few for myself). Simon has set the limit to 4 pets in our house so I'm maxed out for a while now! Haha
7) What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food? My favorite healthy food is banana. I didn't really eat them until my first round of Body Back but now I can't get enough! My favorite unhealthy food is probably cheese, especially when it's paired with a good glass of red wine.
8) What is your favorite color? My favorite color is pink.
9) What is your favorite song or artist? We always have music playing in our house and in car but I don't know that I really have a favorite song or artist, I just love country music!
10) What TV shows are you currently watching? Scandal, Grey's Anatomy and Designated Survivor