Meet Katie Johnson! Our December Mom of the Month!
Katie is very special to us over here at FIT4MOM Louisville! In addition to being a wonderful member, she also does a fantastic job as our Social Media manager. Katie is mom to almost 2 year old, Lyla and is wifey to Aaron, her biggest supporter. It’s easy to see where Lyla gets her bubbly personality from as her mama is always so friendly and welcoming!
Katie has also been busy crushing some MAJOR fitness goals this year! Two rounds of Body Back were knocked out AND she completed her first half-marathon!
You can find her sweating it out with the BOOST ladies during the early mornings and at Stroller Strides and Barre classes throughout the week. You can also catch up with Katie on her blog at, raisingthesekyseeds.wordpress.com.
We are so grateful to have you as part of Our Village, Katie. Thank you for all that you do!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? I love that it gets Lyla and I out of the house during the day. Its great that I can bring her along, get in a good workout and not have to pay for a sitter or wait for my husband to get home. I get to do something for myself but hang out with her at the same time!
2) What is your favorite exercise? I like anything ab related. You can’t go wrong with a tried and true push up.
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom? I never saw myself as a SAHM but I love that having Lyla has allowed me to experience the joy and great blessing it is. Being her mom is so fun. She’s totally helped changed the pace and focus of my life for the better.
4) Favorite thing to do while the Lyla is napping? Taking a nap myself is hands down my fav thing to do when she naps. It doesn’t always happen but when it does... glorious! Fewer hours of sleep was one of the hardest adjustments I dealt with after becoming a parent.
5) What is your favorite thing to do as a family? I love to go out and do things just the three of us... it can be anything from just going out to eat or checking out a museum or ballgame. It’s fun to see Lyla experience new things. She’s so easygoing and cool. And, she LOVES to dance so anything that involves music is a winner.
6) What is something about you that someone may not know? I’m a freak about being early. I basically live by the “if you’re not early, you’re late” motto. I’m a nervous wreck if I think I’m going to be late and it drives my husband crazy! (Sorry babe)
7) What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food? My favorite healthy food is grilled salmon. My favorite unhealthy foods are wings and pizza from The Goat and Raising Canes chicken!
8) What is your favorite color? Green is my favorite color.
9) What is your favorite song or artist? I like a lot of different types of music. The CD currently in my car is the latest from Awaken Worship which was recorded by musicians at my church!
10) What TV shows are you currently watching? I’m a big tv head. Lately, I’ve been watching Dancing with the Stars, The Good Doctor, This is Us, The Challenge, Are You The One, and Floribama Shore (yes... I know it’s trash but it’s entertaining!)