Meet Jara, our Mom of the Month! Jara is wife to Kenley and Mom to Bow (3). She began her Fit4Mom journey last fall with Body Back and hasn’t slowed down since! Since March, she has attended the most amount of classes out of all our members- all while being VIRTUAL! She has also been a constant source of support and encouragement to everyone in our private Facebook groups. When Jara is not busy sweating or taking care of her family, she is a strategic communications consultant.
Jara, we are lucky to know you and love having you as a part of Our Village! Keep up the hard work, Mama!!
• Hometown: I was born in Indiana, had a moment in Michigan and tell people I am from Franklin,Tennessee, south of Nashville.
• Tell us about your family: I’ve been married for 10 years. We have one almost three year old daughter, Bow. My husband and I met in Memphis, Tennessee and then were long distance for almost four years between Omaha, Nebraska and New York City. We got married in Omaha and eventually moved to Charleston, South Carolina for my job before moving for my job here in Louisville.
• Current/Previous career: I am a strategic communications consultant for an international engineer firm.
• What was your childhood ambition? At one point I wanted to be a writer, reporter and a physical therapist. I loved writing stories.
• What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood means seeing the world with new eyes. It sometimes means giving the last bite of your breakfast to a little or letting them take a sip of your water knowing that it is now their water. It also means taking time for myself to find my ground, foundation. It is also this interesting time seeing a reflection of yourself in a little and then time traveling a bit and wondering if your parents or caregivers had those same feelings, questions or concerns that you are experiencing now.
• What is the furthest you have been away from home? When I worked at an international human rights organization, I traveled to Sri Lanka, Sierra Leone, Bolivia, Peru, Nepal and India.
• How did you find FIT4MOM? I found the Louisville Fit4MOM through a college classmate and now friend and amazing coach Natalie Robertson.
• How has FIT4MOM changed your life? Fit4Mom has allowed me to find a community of friends all around Louisville. Each time we have moved, I would hope and pray and journal to find community. With fit4mom I have found a deep community of people I can call sisters. I also can run and exercise harder than I have in years. I finally found my stride in my whole health ... all while pushing myself to find the next level.
• Favorite exercise: Everest climbers.
• Proudest moment: When I ran a mile without stopping recently!
• Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us: I have four tattoos.
• Favorite virtual class: 100's class hands down.
Quick 5 with, Bow...
1. How old is mommy? Two years old.
2. What is something mom always says to you? Abra cadabra
3. What is mom really good at? Running.
4. What is mom's favorite thing to do? Fly in the air.
5. What makes you proud of your mom? Thank you