Erica Osborne took the last half of 2021 with Fit4Mom by storm. She was all in after her first class and off and running with a ONE membership. You’ve likely seen her at classes because she attends literally everything from am to pm all week long. There’s also a high probability that you've laughed at one of her comments on FB - like feeling a kinship to Susan’s husband on the on demand Strength with Size classes. Erica, you are an unstoppable (and hilarious!) force in F4M Lou - we’re so glad you’re here!
· Hometown: Bardstown, Kentucky
· Tell us about your family: I’ve been married to my husband AJ for 12 years, and we have 3 kids: Evelyn (9), Paul Alan (8) and Violet (6) plus our pandemic rescue puppy, Oreo
· Current/Previous career: Program Manager with the University of Louisville Trager Institute – we focus on Optimal Aging – look us up!
· What was your childhood ambition? I wanted to travel to lots of places. I’ve not done as much of that as I would have liked, but hopefully that is still to come.
· What does motherhood mean to you? Taking these 3 little humans and molding them into the best people that they can be. Being a parent is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
· What is the furthest you have been away from home? London, England when I was in college. I hope to tour Europe again one day!
· How did you find FIT4MOM? Natalie Robertson’s aunt is the godmother to my youngest child. At a summer event, she told me she thought I would like Fit4Mom. It was a good time as I was filling bummed about my upcoming 40th birthday. I decided to try it, and made a goal to be fit by 40. And I hit my 40th milestone in November in maybe the best shape of my life.
· How has FIT4MOM changed your life? Helped me fit back into my pre-pandemic clothes! But, really, it’s been much more than weight loss. I wake up regularly at 5:30 to exercise which is something that I never, ever thought I could do. And Body Well with Carla was so amazing that I’m doing it again. The Holiday Mini has kept me healthy during a time when I’ve notoriously been unhealthy. I feel stronger, more confident, better able to deal with stress, and healthier than I have felt in a really long time. I feel well-rounded healthy.
· Favorite exercise: Renegade Row – mostly because when I first started with Fit4Mom, I could not do it AT ALL.
· Proudest moment: Any time when my kids play together or care for one another. With 3 so close in age, it doesn’t feel like that happens often, but when it does, it’s golden.
· Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us: I’m a total Anglophile. I think I was supposed to have been British. I love British shows, books, music. Also have an unhealthy obsession with the Royal family.
· Favorite virtual class: I’ve loved them all. That’s why I keep coming back. Jara Sturdivant-Wilson makes me laugh through the sweat, Amanda Atherton leaves me energized, Susan Pompilio Eckhardt makes me keep going when I want to give up, Carla Walker makes me feel stronger, Katie Martin always has at least one move that sneaks up on me and I feel it even the next day, Felicia’s yoga and stretches are the hardest classes I do – and I feel proud every time I complete them, Lauren Rager pushes me to places I never thought I could go, and Elizabeth Steinert kicks my tail with a smile on her face EVERY time. I’ve not tried the virtual Strides or 360 classes yet – but I’ll put that in my 2022 goals.
- What word/quote will best describe your 2022 vibes? Hopeful.
- What is on your 2022 "must do" list? Home organization. A forever goal.
- Stay up til midnight or fast asleep when the clock strikes? Fast asleep. I think the last time I stayed up for NYE was before I had kids.
- Best TV show to binge over the holidays? Schitt’s Creek. Everything about it is fabulous.
Quick 5 with the Littles:
· How old is mommy? V: 40 P: 40 E: 40 (It was a big birthday for me, so they all know the answer to that!)
· What is something mom always says to you? V: Go to bed. P: Don’t fight. E: Stop fighting.
· What is mom really good at? V: Driving. P: Doing her job. E: Working out
· What is mom's favorite thing to do? V: Spend time with us. P: Play with us. E: Have fun with her kids.
· What makes you proud of your mom? V: When she watches movies with us. P: She makes good pizza. E: Work – I could never do the stuff that she does.