Meet Amanda Ives! Our May Mom of the Month!!!
Amanda is wifey to Charlie, and mommy to two boys William (4.5) and Easton (2). We love Amanda because she is nice, thoughtful, and an amazing friend. She’s been through almost all of our programs and has slayed each one! Amanda recently completed Run Club and finished off the session by running in the Derby Marathon Relay. After completing her leg of the race and handing off the baton, she continued to run with her friend so she didn’t have to run alone. She is so supportive of the moms in our village and we can always count on Amanda to be encouraging to everyone around her. We are so lucky that she decided to stick around after maternity leave and that she's become such a huge part of our community! You can meet Amanda at our Boost classes during the week.
1) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? The #1 reason I keep coming back is for the village! I'm not from Louisville and I have met so many strong, amazing women through F4M. I'm sure most of them don't even realize the impact they're having on the lives of others. These women motivate and inspire me. The #2 reason is for the Body Back and Boost workouts! Woowee, those get my muscles burning!
2) What is your favorite exercise? Squats
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom? The smiles, the cuddles, the twinkle in their eyes when they learn something new... and the belly-laugh giggles.....Oh how I love the giggles!
4) Favorite thing to do when you have some Mom-me time? Hot yoga or shop online (definitely a guilty pleasure).
5) What is your favorite thing to do as a family? We recently went to Hawaii and that was pretty great! ;-) Seriously though, anything we do as a family is a good time!
6) What is something about you that someone may not know? I lived in Australia for a year and met my husband there. We're both from Canada though.
7) What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food? I love just about any vegetable and would eat them all day long if someone would just cut them up for me! My favorite unhealthy food is probably nachos.
8) What is your favorite color? Purple
9) What is your favorite song or artist? It depends on my mood, but I'm usually good with whatever anyone puts on that gets you pumped up!
10) What TV shows are you currently watching? This is Us, Grey’s Anatomy