Meet one of our Mom's of the Month, Carla Walker!
Carla is sweetheart to Erik and mommy to Tristan (age 2) and Emma (5 months old)! She is also one of our amazing Strides Instructors at Norton Commons and is our lead FIT4BABY Instructor, helping expecting moms stay fit and healthy during their 9 month journey to motherhood. Carla is a member of our rockin' Run Club that meets on Saturday mornings, crushing all the #rungoals!
We love Carla’s sweet spirit and how she is always supportive to everyone. She is a great listener and a wonderful friend. We are so blessed to have you and the family apart of Our Village and FIT4MOM Louisville Team!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? I can't pick just one! Getting to workout with my kids, meeting other moms/making friends in the process, and having built in play time for my kids after class!
2) What is your favorite exercise? Tricep Push-ups.
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom? Being the one they run to when they need...more
Meet Liz Matly! Our February Mom of the Month!
Liz is one of our newest Body Back/Boost members, only recently joining us in December, but it feels like she’s been a part of the crew for a long time! Liz is wifey to Steven and they have four kiddos ages 3-11, Christopher, Katie, Caroline, and Allie. Liz is an amazing mom, and makes juggling the schedules of four kids in activities look super easy! She has a wonderful heart for her community and organizes a read-a- thon charity event to raise money for Norton. Liz also inspires when she’s at class too. Even though the workouts were tough for her at first, she never gave up and pushed through them! Her transformation has been so motivating to watch!
Liz, you're one strong mama and we are so thankful to have you as a part of Our Village!
1) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I love how supportive everyone is. Coming in I only really knew one other person so I didn't know what to expect. I was really surprised by how encouraging all the mama's I have met have been.
Meet our Mom of the Month, Alicia Miller! Alicia is mommy to Lilly, who just turned 1 and sweetheart to hubby, Bill. She and her family recently moved to Kentucky from Colorado, and we are so happy they made Louisville their home. Alicia is one of our most dedicated members, coming to class 3-4 times a week! She is also a great motivator and brings such positive energy to class. She is always so excited to push herself when we have a challenging class and encourages our other members to do so as well, all while wearing her contagious smile!
We are so thrilled to have you and your family a part of Our Village, mama!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? My favorite thing about stroller strides is the energy I feel when I leave class. If I can make it to class, I know I will leave feeling good.
2) What is your favorite exercise? My favorite exercise is probably doing push-ups. When I first started stroller strides I could barely do one lol, now I can do at least 15 in the right form lol.
Meet Katie Johnson! Our December Mom of the Month!
Katie is very special to us over here at FIT4MOM Louisville! In addition to being a wonderful member, she also does a fantastic job as our Social Media manager. Katie is mom to almost 2 year old, Lyla and is wifey to Aaron, her biggest supporter. It’s easy to see where Lyla gets her bubbly personality from as her mama is always so friendly and welcoming!
Katie has also been busy crushing some MAJOR fitness goals this year! Two rounds of Body Back were knocked out AND she completed her first half-marathon!
You can find her sweating it out with the BOOST ladies during the early mornings and at Stroller Strides and Barre classes throughout the week. You can also catch up with Katie on her blog at, raisingthesekyseeds.wordpress.com.
We are so grateful to have you as part of Our Village, Katie. Thank you for all that you do!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? I love that it gets Lyla and I out of the house during the day. Its great that I can bring her along, get...more
Meet Natalie Robertson! Our November Mom of the Month!
Natalie is super mom to Carson (age 5), Lincoln and Nolan (1 year old twins) and is sweetheart to hubby, Corey. She and her family just recently moved back to the Ville from Tennessee and we're so glad they did! Natalie is one of our creative Play Date Captains and leads the Highland/ St, Matthews area location! Not only does Natalie have a WORK HARD/ PUSH HARDER attitude at class, giving all of us #fitmomgoals but her smile is contagious and she's one of the most kind mamas you'll meet! We knew right from the start that she and her crew were going to fit right in! We are so thankful that you are part of the Village, Natalie!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? The question of the day at SS was "If you could have any super power what would it be?". Most all the moms at SS that day said something along the lines of... "endless energy", "no need for sleep", "strength". That day I realized that SS was providing me with likeminded moms. Moms that were determined, focused, driven and passionate...more
Meet Brooke Knego! Our October Mom of the Month!!
Brooke is mommy to 9 month old twins Drew, and Evie! She is wifey to Tyler, and will be the first to tell you how truly blessed they are to be parents of twins! The first thing you might notice about Brooke is her positive attitude and beaming smile. She has taken to motherhood so naturally, and will be one of the first to offer support to a fellow mama in need. When she’s not taking care of her sweet babes, she’s working as a L&D nurse helping other women become mothers. And boy, can she tell you some stories! Superwoman’s got nothing on her! You can find Brooke sweatin it out with the 5:30AM Body Back crew, or at Stroller Strides and Stroller Barre classes during the week. We are soooo happy that she and her cute babies decided to join us and be a part of Our Village!!!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? My favorite thing about stroller strides is that I am able to take the babies with me when I need to get a good workout in!!
Meet Shellain Satterwhite! Our September Mom of the Month!
Shellain is mommy to Payton and Paxton, and soulmate to Jordan. We love Shellain for her sweet personality and what a great friend and supporter she is! Shellain recently completed her 2nd round of our Body Back Transformation program, and as you can see the results are incredible! What you can’t see from the pictures is the transformation that went on inside Shellain. It has been such a pleasure to watch her confidence in herself grow and watch her blossom through the entire process! She is one strong mama both inside and out!! You can catch up with Shellian and her adorable kiddos at Stroller Barre and Stroller Strides during the week.
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? Seeing familiar friendly faces and connecting with other moms while also getting a good workout in.
2) What is your favorite exercise? Anything that’s coordinated with a song, my kids love singing along!
3) What is your favorite part about being a mom?...more
Meet Brooke Watson! Our August Mom of the Month!!
Brooke is mommy to sweet baby boy Graham, and wifey to Nick. Brooke is one of our newer members and we are so excited that she chose to join our group! You can find Brooke at Stroller Strides classes during the week, and pretty soon she’ll be joining our morning House of Boom Body Back crew! We love Brooke’s outgoing personality, her killer trucker hat collection, and that she is so supportive of other mamas! She is also super knowledgeable about natural living and breastfeeding support, and is a great person to reach out to for advice. We are so lucky to have Brooke and her family as a part of Our Village!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? Getting out of the house and being around other supportive Mommas! Let's be honest, there are endless home workouts out there but it's so nice to get out with your little and enjoy some Mommy time. The playdates and mom night outs with this community are just icing on the (already delicious) cake!
Meet Kate Osborne! Our July Mom of the Month!
Kate is sweetheart to Steven and mommy to the very handsome, James. We love Kate’s sweet spirit and get after it attitude. You can find her strolling at evening and weekend Strides classes and attending BOOST at 5:30am! Kate is also a two time Body Back grad who is now training for a half marathon. #GOALS. Recently she was one of three mamas who attended 3 FIT4MOM classes in ONE DAY! Talk about determination! This mama is pure fitness inspiration. We are so thankful that Kate and her family are a part of Our Village. It would not be the same without you, Mama!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? I love the community aspect of Stroller Strides and how much it as taught me to push myself. I never thought I could be a healthy eater and like it and Body Back changed that! I never thought I would be a runner and look forward to running and now I'm signed up for a half marathon! That is something that I never would have done without Fit4Mom and the Stroller Strides moms I have...more
Meet Katie Case! Our June Mom of the Month!
Katie is mama to sweet Clara and wifey to Darrell. We absolutely love Katie’s outgoing and fun personality! Katie is always one of the first of our members to walk up to a new mom in class and introduce herself. She gives our other members encouragement and cracks us up with her hilarious sense of humor. When Katie isn’t sporting her tennis shoes, she’s trading them in for riding boots! Katie owns and operates her own stable at Showcase Stables. She basically has every Kentucky girls’ dream job of owning and riding ponies all day long! Katie has also been such a gracious host to allow us to have a pony ride playdate at her beautiful stable! Thanks mama! We are so honored to have you as a part of Our Village!! You can meet Katie and Clara at Stroller Strides and Stroller Barre classes throughout the week!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides- So many things it's hard to say just one. I love all the strong women that I have meet. Not only do I get a great workout in but I have built some amazing...more
Meet Laura Hoehn! Our May Mom of the Month!
Laura is mommy to Elliana, and soulmate to Simon. The first thing you will notice about Laura is her sweet welcoming smile! She is always encouraging our other mamas, and we love her for it! You can meet Laura early in the morning kickin booty with the T/TH Parklands Body Back Crew, or at Stroller Strides classes all throughout the week. This fit mama has not only improved her health through our FIT4MOM programs, she has also motivated her hubby as well! Simon has been so supportive of Laura and ALL of us and we are so thankful for him! We are so lucky to have Laura and her family as part of Our Village!! We love you guys!
1) What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides? My most favorite thing about Stroller Strides is that I can bring Elliana with me! I can get a good workout in without having to spend any time away from her. I also love the friendships that Elli and I have formed since becoming a part of this village!
2) What is your favorite exercise? Elliana loves when...more
Meet Amanda Atherton, our April Mom of the Month!!
Amanda is mommy to two boys, Madden and Liam, and is sweetheart to husband, Will. You know this momma is strong living in a house with ALL boys! You can find Amanda rockin her workouts early in the morning with the House of Boom Body Back crew, or bringing her adorable kiddos to Strides and Barre in the evenings and on weekends. Besides having the best dressed boys around, Amanda is also well know for her love of gangster rap... and for being an amazing friend. We are so fortunate to have Amanda and her family as part of Our Village! We love you!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? My favorite thing about Stroller Strides is being able to bring my little ones with me. I'm rather attached to my kiddos and find myself racing home when I'm away, so bringing them along allows me to relax, enjoy my workout and see my friends without feeling like I need to rush back home. I love lots of things, well everything about SS, but that's def my favorite .
What is your favorite exercise at...
Jessica is wifey to Matt and Mommy to Mackenzie (who is known to lead her very own Stroller Strides classes from home) and a little peanut who is on his way! We love Jessica’s laid back spirit and the beautiful smile we get to see at EVERY. SINGLE. class. Jessica’s presence is always missed when she and the fam go on a hometown visit to Michigan, but we’re so glad that they relocated to Louisville and found us. Our Village wouldn’t be nearly as cheery without them! We are so happy to have a friend in you, Mama! We can’t wait to meet your new little!!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? After moving to Louisville from out of state and taking on the role of stay at home mom, it was the perfect way to meet new people and get in a great workout! I love that you are instantly family!
2. What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Mackenzie loves the Tick Tock song so I enjoy whatever exercise is paired along with the song. It's so sweet to watch her sing along.
3. What is your favorite part about being a mom? I love watching Mackenzie...more
Meet Heather Howard! Our February Mom of the Month!
You may know Heather as one of our amazing Stroller Strides instructors, but she’s also wife to her main squeeze Todd, Mommy to John (2) and Annemarie (7 months). Whenever you see Heather, count on being greeted by her beautiful smile and feeling surrounded by her caring spirit. With Heather’s love for F4MLou and her friendly demeanor, we feel so lucky to have her as a part of Our Village and our TEAM! You’re the best, Heather!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? The friendships! I have great friends but reliable friends are hard to come by. And now I've hit the jackpot!
2. What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Anything with Relay races!!! I love friendly competition.
3. What is your favorite part about being a mom? The sound of my son saying "I love you too mama!" It sounds kind of like "I wuh you too mama"
4. Favorite thing to do when John and Annemarie are napping? Catch up on DVR!
5. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?...more
Meet Alyson Middleton! Our January Mom of the Month!
Most of you probably know Alyson as our amazing Events Coordinator, but she is also wife to the very lucky Lawrence, Mom to Landon (10), Jones (3) and baby GIRL Middleton due in March. Alyson was born and raised in Louisville and pretty much knows everything about this town. She’s also an agent with Kentucky Select and ready to help with any of your real estate needs! Even though Alyson pretends she doesn't love working out, having her in class just makes everything more fun. Her gorgeous smile literally brightens our mornings and her complaining seriously cracks us up. We are so lucky to have you as part of Our Village AND OUR TEAM! We love you!!!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? The accountability that comes along with a group workout and the ability to bring my son!
2. What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Planks
3. What is your favorite part about being a mom? Watching my kids grow and learn.
Meet Terri Tinnell! Our December Mom of the Month!
Terri is wifey to Chad and Mommy to the most cuddly and smiley little girl named Raegan. If you’ve ever met Terri, you have undoubtedly noticed her kind heart and warm smile. This girl wants nothing but the best for everyone around her and it shows. However, she may be sweet and smiley BUT if you’ve seen her in a Body Back session you know she puts in WERK. This girl turns from sweet and smiley Terri to GAME FACE/I’M A SHARK Terri... AND WE LOVE IT! This Mama lost 21 pounds in her 1st session of Body Back and is looking so STRONG! We love having your presence not only in Body Back, but at Stroller Strides and Stroller Barre. We are so grateful to have you in this Village, Mama!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides?
Hands down, my favorite thing about stroller strides are the connections I’m able to make with other moms traveling the same journey with similar trials and triumphs. I also like that Raegan sees me working hard for something and learns that being healthy leads...more
Meet Megan Kahlenberg! Our November Mom of the Month!
Megan is wifey to Kyle and Mommy to the most enchanting little girl named Ellie. We’ve been fortunate enough to watch Ellie grow from just a tiny newborn, sitting in her car seat during class, to a beautiful 1 year old big girl! Megan is a full time working Mom who continues to make classes a priority. Not only does she attend our evening and weekend Stroller Strides classes but she is also kicking booty in our Body Back program! She is an inspiration to us all! With such a sweet presence and beautiful smile, we’d say we’re pretty lucky to have her in our lives!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? Everything! But if I have to narrow it down, I love being able to show my daughter an active lifestyle while making some awesome mommy friends!
What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? This one is hard but I'd have to say push ups. I'm not that great at them but I feel strong afterwards.
Emily is Mommy to the most well behaved and adorable blonde haired boys, William (4) and Charlie (2). She is wifey to husband Josh, who secretly has a blast at family workouts! We can always count on Emily to take life in stride and have a positive outlook on almost everything. In addition to being an amazing wife and Mommy, this mompreneur has also just started her own math tutoring business. Someday we’ll all be saying “we knew her when…” we get to see this beautiful mathematician strutting her stuff on DWTS (see #10) one day! We just love you and your fam and are so thankful to have you in this Village!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? My favorite thing is getting to bring the boys along with me to a workout where I get to make mom friends and the boys can make friends, too!
2. What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? I think my favorite exercise is "Wheels on the Bus." It was the very first one I did at my very first class and I realized how great of a workout I was going to...more
Meet Olivia Parker! Our early October Mom of the Month!
Olivia is Mommy to the beautiful blue-eyed, Julia and wifey to Eric. She attended her very 1st Stroller Strides class when Julia was just a few weeks old! Olivia always shows up to class ready to work and she really pushes us ALL to take it up a notch! Despite her no nonsense approach to her workouts, she is also always ready and willing to lend a warm smile to every Mama in class. Her calm presence puts us all at ease and makes our hearts so warm. This family of three is the sweetest and we’re so glad they are a part of Our Village!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? Getting in an excellent and enjoyable workout with my daughter and other moms!
What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Anything running/sprints and all things squats!
What is your favorite part about being a mom? I could write a novel for this! There is such a special and strong bond between mother and child, and I feel so blessed...
Meet Sarah Clements, our August Mom of the Month!
Sarah is Mommy to two adorable girls, Scarlett and CeCe. If you know Sarah, you know that she has such a sweet personality and is just a fun person to be around. She always has the most stylish workout gear and sports it with her beautiful smile! Scarlett, her oldest daughter is definitely one of our big kid helpers at class. We can always count on Scarlett to help us sing and count down our reps! At home she even gets her mat out and plays Stroller Strides! We adore these three girls and love when they are with us in class. Thank you for being a part of this Village, Sarah!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? I love the community. It's awesome to finally meet other mamas and their kiddos! I love getting to hang out and get a good workout in at the same time.
What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Hmmm that's a tough one. Maybe walking lunges or squat jumps.
Meet Lauren Coulter, our July Mom of the Month!
Lauren is Mommy to a smiley little guy named Gray and wife to Chad. Originally from GA, we are so happy Lauren has made Louisville her new home! This busy Mama is a pharmacist who also owns LOUVINO (you MUST check it out! They have the BEST food and wine!) In between all of that, Lauren still makes time to come to class and when she does we can always count on seeing her beautiful smile and having some laughs. Thank you for being a part of this Village, Lauren. We love having you!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides I have loved loved loved meeting other women who are dealing with the same joys and struggles that I am dealing with. At a point in life where it is easy to feel alone, I have thoroughly enjoyed having #myvillage at my fingertips!
What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Anything that is NOT burpees!
What is your favorite part about being a mom? ...
Meet Amanda Gaither, your June Mom of the Month!
Amanda is Mom to Carter and wife to hubby, Josh. We met Amanda when Carter was just 7 weeks old and have loved getting to know her! She and her family are always doing fun local things so we know that we can always ask her where the cool new spots are! Amanda is not only beautiful but she's super chill and we love that about her! Thank you for being apart of OUR VILLAGE Amanda, we are all so glad that you are in it!
Read more about some of Amanda's favorite things!...
All of the amazing mamas. It has been so great to find some amazing friends after moving to Kentucky.
Meet Erika Cravanas, your May Mom of the Month! Erika is Mommy to the adorable Hampton (9 months) and wife to Alex. Erika is a graduate of Duke University (although we won't hold that against her ;)) and the University of Louisville Medical School. She is also our in house pediatrician. haha! (Not really...but we do inundate her with medical questions from time to time). Erika, you are so sweet and beautiful and we love having you as part of Our Village!
Here are some more fun facts about Dr. Cravanas :)
Meet Jessica... who is ALSO one of your INSTRUCTORS!
Jessica was born and raised in Louisville and is mommy to her sweet little girl Olivia AND is expecting a little guy- Max who will be here in July! We met Jessica back in June of 2015 and have gotten to enjoy her ever since! Jessica began as a member of Stroller Strides and quickly fell in love with the program. Shortly after attending classes as a member she decided to join the team to instruct! She is so knowledgeable and is a such great instructor with great ideas!! We love spending time with these two (or shall we say 3!) whether Jessica is instructing or whether they are attending a class! She is such a great addition to the F4M Team and we are so thankful to have gotten to know her!
Learn some more FUN facts about Jessica!...
We got to meet Jennifer and her sweet little, Sawaya (9 months old) this past fall and we absolutely LOVE having them around. Jennifer is wife to Aaron and LUCKY step mom to 8 year old Blake, who we have also gotten to know and enjoy! Jennifer does an awesome job at pushing herself during classes and always does it with a smile and a few jokes to keep us ALL smiling! We love having them in OUR VILLAGE!
1. What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? Getting to know other moms and babies/big kids! If it wasn't for the group I wouldn't ever workout!
2. What is your favorite exercise at Stroller Strides? Lol Well....I enjoy attending but I really don't have a favorite! I would say working my jaws because I enjoy talking!
3.What is your fave part about being a mom? Open mouth kisses and unconditional love!!
Ashley is wife to Josh and Mommy to Preston who is 14 months. These two joined OUR VILLAGE this past summer and we absolutely LOVE having them in class! It's been a lot of fun getting to know them and it has been SO much fun watching Preston grow! Ashley truly is beautiful inside and out!
What is your fave thing about Stroller Strides? Finding time to exercise is hard when you have a family, but Stroller Strides allows me to spend time with my son and work out at the same time. I love that I can get a good work out without sacrificing time with him. I also love the new friends I’ve met through Stroller Strides!
What is your fave part about being a mom? ...more